Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Poetry Marathon Day 1: Puppet Master


Puppet Master


I am walking alone


By myself


With no one else


But myself



A great darkness comes around me


Covering me


Surrounding me


Flowing over me



The darkness pulls me


Yanks me


Grabs my power


Takes my power



Then the darkness pulls me


Again


Harder


Yet more smoothly



I find strength in me


From deep inside


Down in me


In my heart



I start to turn


The darkness


It moves too


With me



I gather up all of my strength


Rein in the darkness


Knock it to the ground


Win the battle



The darkness tries to get back up


But I jump


And land


The darkness falls



I stand alone


But realize


Something new


Something amazing



The darkness is


My puppet


My control


My problems



But I am


In control


In charge


The puppet master



No comments:

Post a Comment